elementary s4e16 subtitle note
雕刻刀 Stiletto knife.
contaminated the sample with my own DNA.
These things happen from
time to time.
We have enough evidence to put the true
culprit away for life.
- a person who is responsible for a crime or other misdeed.
complicate things for the
have your hands full.
plowed over two farms and a school.
- This seems to be informal term? like 鏟走, usuallt don't with over
- to clear by the use of a plow, especially a snowplow (sometimes followed by out): The city's work crews were busily plowing the streets after the blizzard.
He sends his
condolences, my father.
slipped off an embankment and got hit by a truck.
- not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations: the public were deeply skeptical about some of the proposals.
He knew those trails
backwards and forwards.
let alone accidentally falling into traffic.
He was a
He invested in tech start-ups, and he was
But any talk of motive is
premature at this point.
- too early
- He must've been
scraped uppretty badly,
fleeing a relentless pursuer.
- flee: run away from a danger
He was running at full speed and he
glanced behind him
- take a brief or hurried look
Fortified wine of the cheapest variety.
And it was
- give out steady light without flame: the tips of their cigarettes glowed in the dark.
尤金 你今天明顯發揮失常 Actually, Eugene, your play has been distinctly subpar today.
I can only imagine the
trepidation you must feel, coming to work here.
你找到的那個人當時處于迷離狀態 the man you spoke with was in an altered state
- a state of mind that differs from the normal state of consciousness, typically one induced by drugs, hypnosis, or mental disorder. he probably came up with this tune while he was in an altered state.
He's proven quite adept at
concealing his identity.
- keep from sight; hide: a line of sand dunes concealed the distant sea.
- keep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed: love that they had to conceal from others.